The Gilmore Girls Companion is an unauthorized, behind-the-scenes look at one of the best-loved programs in television history. Drawing on extensive research and exclusive interviews, the book will give fans a richer understanding of each and every episode. For more information on the genesis of this project, click here.
Many have expressed a great deal of interest in The Gilmore Girls Companion — thank you for that. If you have questions about the book, please check out the following FAQ. But if you still have questions, by all means e-mail me at asberman813 (at) gmail.com. It’s always nice to talk to people about Gilmore Girls.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is this an “official” book? No, this book is not endorsed by The WB, The CW, or any person or entity associated with the series.
2. Did you speak with anyone affiliated with the show to write this book? Definitely. The Gilmore Girls Companion is the result of exclusive interviews with more than 40 members of the cast and crew detailing their recollections of what went on behind the scenes.
3. Is this supposed to be some sort of “tell all” book? Certainly not in the sense of those books that dish the dirt on tiffs and other behind-the-scenes negativity. The whole point of The Gilmore Girls Companion is to show the series’ millions of fans how these dozens of unique personalities came together to make the program that we all love. In short, it is intended as the first history of Gilmore Girls.
4. Why a history of Gilmore Girls, and why now? To put it in a nutshell, I believe that it is one of the most important shows in American TV history, and deserves serious attention for what it accomplished in such a short period of time.
5. ‘Serious’ attention? Um, this isn’t one of those books full of academic essays, is it? Oh God no.
Check out the ‘Gilmore Girls Companion’ blog by clicking below: